LITTER BOX TIPS TO PREVENT URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS IN CATS
Urinary tract problems are a common affliction among cats. Regular litter box cleaning is an important step in keeping this painful condition in check. Below you will find litter box tips to prevent urinary tract infections in cats. “Cleanliness is one key to avoiding cat urinary tract problems,” says veterinarian Melissa Brookshire. “Urinary tract obstructions, evidenced by straining without producing any urine, are emergencies that require immediate veterinary attention. After your cat is diagnosed and treated, steps for prevention should become routine. Having a fresh, clean litter box can go a long way in preventing this affliction.” I searched for the most recommended litter Boxes for 2020. Below is a list & links to find and purchase whichever one is right for you
The 5 Top-Rated Cat Litter Boxes and Pans of 2020
- Our top Pick is the “Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Litter Pan.”
- The runner up pick: Good Pet Stuff Company’s “Hidden Cat Litter box.”
- Our best budget Pick: Iris’s “Open Top cat litter box with Litter Box Scoop.”
- The Best closed cat litter box is Purina’s “Tidy Cats Breeze Hooded System Starter Kit Cat Litter Box, Litter Pellets & Pads.”
- The best self-cleaning cat litter box is “Omega Paw EL-RA15-1 Elite Roll ‘n Clean Litter Box, Regular”.
Advice for hassle-free cat care and litter box help:
- Keep the Box Clean. A big part of keeping the litter box clean is scooping clumps and solids frequently. This keeps the box fresh and increases the likelihood your cat will use it.
- Clean Up Accidents. Clean up any “accidents” outside the litter box quickly, using an enzymatic cleaner. These cleaners eliminate any scent that may encourage your cat to “use” that spot again.
- Use Multiple Boxes. Remember that multiple-cat households need multiple litter boxes. Place the boxes in different parts of the house or on different floors. Older cats especially need access to litter boxes on every floor.
- Make Box Access Easy. It’s best to keep the box away from any noisy or high-traffic areas. The more accessible and comfortable the litter box is for your cat, the more likely it will be used.
- Keep Food and Litter Box Separate. Please don’t place your cat’s food next to their litter box. Otherwise, this could confuse your cat about the litter box’s purpose or result in unsanitary eating conditions.
- Use the Correct Litter for Your Cat. Choosing the right litter can help make it easier to maintain a safe and sanitary environment. World’s Best Cat Litter eliminates the hassle from litter box cleanup because it’s the only litter that harnesses naturally absorbent whole-kernel corn to deliver outstanding odor control, quick clumping, easy scooping, and long-lasting performance. It’s safe for cats of all ages. Please check out our article cats, domestic cats, and house cats history revealed.
For more information, visit www.worldsbestcatlitter.com.